ABOUT THIS POLICY
Metro Property Development and its related companies (MPD) ('we', 'us', 'our') understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting your personal information. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how our customers and suppliers and stakeholders ('you') may access and correct personal information we hold about you.
- clearly communicate how we deal with personal information;
- enhance the transparency of MPD operations; and
- give a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that MPD holds, and the way we handle that information.
Who to contact
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you that we reasonably need for our business functions and activities. Our business functions and activities include:
- property development and real estate advisory services including the design, development, sale and renting of apartment buildings – these are described generally on our website, social media sites, our corporate brochures, advertising, letters and emails and communications to customers, fundraisers, corporate sponsors, suppliers and business partners;
- activities in support of those functions including administration, employment, management, marketing, contracting, online and mobile marketing, IT, legal, security, customer support, finance (including credit control) and human resources;
- marketing, sales, support and development of our products and services; and
- activities we plan for the future including new ways of communicating, new products and services, new business models and new businesses.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
metro will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
MAINTAINING THE QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.